The Country Music Association has revealed the nominees for 2021’s CMA International Awards, which honor artists and industry executives who have supported and impacted the growth and promotion of Country Music in the International marketplace. Recognized in multiple categories and voted on by international members, nominees from Australia, Canada, Germany, The Netherlands, Norway, Sweden,
In addition to the five existing CMA International Award categories, CMA has also added a new award this year, the Rob Potts International Live Music Advancement Award. Named after the late Australian promoter, this award recognizes outstanding achievements by an individual who has made important contributions to the live music industry by extending performance opportunities and building live audiences for Country Music outside of the United States. A celebrated manager, promoter, CMA Board member and advocate for Country Music, Potts’ career spanned more than 30 years, opening doors for Australian Country artists including Tommy Emmanuel, Morgan Evans and Kei
“We are delighted to honor those in the industry who have been instrumental in carrying Country Music forward into territories outside of the United States as this year’s CMA International Awards nominees,” says Sarah Trahern, CMA Chief Executive Officer. “And we are especially thrilled to be adding a new award to the slate this year recognizing those
2021 CMA INTERNATIONAL AWARDS – NOMINEES:
ROB POTTS INTERNATIONAL LIVE MUSIC ADVANCEMENT AWARD
This award recognizes outstanding achievements by an individual who has made important contributions to the live music industry by extending performance opportunities and building live audiences for Country Music outside of the United States.
- Michael Chugg (Australia – Chugg Entertainment and Chugg Music)
- Sina Hall (Germany – Semmel Concerts Entertainment GmbH)
- Nigel Hassler (U.K. – CAA)
- Sigve Prestnes (Norway – Stageway Talent)
- Troy Vollhoffer (Canada – Premier Global Production, Country Thunder Music Festivals and Big Valley Jamboree)
This award recognizes outstanding achievement by an individual in advocating and supporting Country Music’s marketing development in territories outside the United States.
- Ilse DeLange (The Netherlands – Artist, founder of Spark Records, Firefly Publishing and Tuckerville Festival)
- Tracy Martin (Canada – The Core Entertainment)
- Natalie Waller (Australia – ABC Music and Events)
- Chris York (U.K.– SJM Concerts, Country to Country Festival U.K.)
This award recognizes outstanding achievements in the media as they relate to Country Music outside of the United States.
- Mathias Bridfelt (Sweden – SVT)
- Saniel Marriner (Australia – CMT Australia)
- Ricky Marshall (U.K.– BBC Radio 2)
- Charlotte Thompson (Canada – Red Umbrella P.R.)
This award recognizes outstanding achievement by a United States-based artist who has demonstrated the most significant creative growth, development and promotion of the Country Music industry outside of the United States during the eligibility period.
- Brothers Osborne
- Luke Combs
- Dan + Shay
- Maren Morris
This award recognizes outstanding achievement by a radio broadcaster or syndicated radio reporter outside the United States who has made important contributions for the development of Country Music in his/her country.
- Dayna Bourgoin (Canada – Pure Country Radio/Bell Media)
- Rita Jernquist (Sweden – Sveriges Radio P4)
- Baylen Leonard (U.K. – Absolute Radio Country/Bauer Radio Limited)
- Justin Thomson (Australia – KIX Country/Grant Broadcasters)
This award recognizes outstanding achievements by a Country Music artist signed outside of the United States. The artist must have furthered the popularity of Country Music as well as brought attention to the Country Music format in their foreign based territory.
- Jill Johnson (Sweden)
- Brett Kissel (Canada)
- The Shires (U.K.)
- The Wolfe Brothers (Australia)
To stay up to date on the latest country music news, please register to receive our newsletter here.
Editor, Maverick Magazine
Tel: +44 (0) 1622 823920